blue lotus in Egyptian mythology
David Dalton
2015-03-07 05:07:23 UTC
The web page http://www.lotusflowermeaning.net/blue.php
says "The blue Lotus flower has been steeped in symbolism
since the time of the Egyptians, where it was used as a
metaphor for re-birth and of the Sun."

My blue rose (not lotus) vision is described on my
Salmon on the Thorns web page, and I associate it
with our blue planet Earth, not with the Sun.
"And now the angry morning/Gives the early signs of warning (S. McLachlan)
You must face alone the plans you make/Decisions they will try to break"
David Dalton
2015-03-11 02:55:19 UTC
Post by David Dalton
The web page http://www.lotusflowermeaning.net/blue.php
says "The blue Lotus flower has been steeped in symbolism
since the time of the Egyptians, where it was used as a
metaphor for re-birth and of the Sun."
My blue rose (not lotus) vision is described on my
Salmon on the Thorns web page, which I quote from
below:

"Eventually I got near the top, and just before the top had a clear
vision of a glowing blue rose, of a colour blue that is partway from sky
blue to sea blue, but is closer to sky blue. At the time I did not know
or think about the mystical significance of this, but just admired it
briefly. I did not touch it because it was the only one, and tried to
smell it but if there was any smell it was very delicate.

This rose was not a fuzzy or moving image or in the mind's eye or closed
eye vision, but actually growing right there in front of me,
three-dimensional and sharp, the clearest vision by far of any I have
ever had (I don't have visions, usually) if it was a vision (i.e., if
another observer there could not have seen it and a camera there could
not record it). I saw it clearly from close up, just inches away from my
eyes and I forget if it was clear close up and fuzzier at a distance due
to my lack of glasses or not."

I associate my blue rose vision with our blue planet Earth
and also some with my main human inspirer, Sarah McLachlan.